Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekendish Random Ten

In the saga of true stories, the Rat Family recently took a week to go back to Oklahoma to spend Christmas week with Mom Rat (or Grandma Rat, from my boys' perspective).

My venerable 60 GB Ipod died on the trip. I ordinarily play the thing through the car radio, was lugging it in with some other stuff, and dropped it. Fortunately, I had some money, and couldn't contemplate a drive back home without tunes, so we replaced it with a 120 GB one. There were other fun things about the trip, including a bout with a stomach/intestinal virus that passed through the family, finally hitting me the day after we got home to Phoenix. Happily, we were not devoured by locusts, so it could have been much worse, I suppose.

With that, on to the random 10.

Family Snapshot (Live)-Peter Gabriel
Night in the City-Electric Light Orchestra
Hannibal's Boogie-Spyro Gyra
Angel of Mercy-Al Stewart
Secret Garden-Alan Parsons Project
Help Me Angel-Steve Winwood
Waiting Game-Todd Rundgren
Kashmir-Led Zeppelin
Dekalb Blues-Leadbelly
Philadelphia Freedom-Elton John

And since my IPod seems to be stuck in the 70's (with the exception of Leadbelly, anyway), let's try 1 more.

Standing On Higher Ground-Alan Parsons Project

This last is from 1986. Guess I'd better cut my losses.

Bonus Music Video:
Yes-Owner of a Lonely Heart

No comments: